CAD / CAM
Course Offered is approved by AICTE (Ministry of HRD) and Affiliated to AKTU:
Mechanical Engineering in CAD/CAM is a two year post-graduate programme. CAD stands for Computer Aided Design and CAM stands for Computer Aided Manufacturing, thus the term CAD/CAM implies that an engineer can use computer system for designing and controlling the manufacturing process of mechanical devices. The programme provides knowledge and skills development in applying computer and scientific principles related to solving several manufacturing and engineering challenges.
The main objective of the mechanical engineering CAD/CAM programme at Hindustan Campus is to produce engineers and manufacturing professionals with expertise in application and development of the software tools required for product design, manufacturing, automation, quality assurance and cost-effectiveness.
We at Hindustan Campus offer best programmes designed to prepare professionals for the challenges and opportunities that are abound in modern technology and society. The CAD/CAM software and tools are updated regularly to comply with the latest trends in the engineering sector and support the students to indulge in extensive research on different aspects of engineering designs..
Programme Structure: Mechanical Engineering CAD/CAM is a 2 year programme comprising of 4 semesters with each year divided into 2 semesters. The course is aimed at sharpening skills of students related to electronic structures. The course covers flexible manufacturing system, modern machining technologies, finite element methods, robotics engineering, design hydraulic and pneumatic systems, manufacturing, planning and control, and computer integrated manufacturing systems.
The programme at Hindustan Campus combines broad-based education with project-based laboratory and industry-specialization. Students are provided with practical based learning through advanced laboratories of CAM and robotics, computer programming lab, advanced manufacturing lab and tribology lab.
- To build strong engineering fundamentals leading to the foundation of research in multi-disciplinary environment, developing software and hardware skills of students and inspiring and motivating them to successfully pursue their profession
- To develop independent thinkers, entrepreneurs and researchers with strong industrial focus
- To develop cutting edge technology that is both feasible and economical
- To provide experience in team-based engineering design projects
- To give students a broad technical knowledge in the areas of CAD/CAM
Course Duration: 2 years
Benefits of the Programme:
- The programme is beneficial to learn how to use computer systems and software to create, design and manage data
- The course is also beneficial for further studies and developing drafting skills of the students in the areas such as electronics, fluid power and structures
- The course is also suitable to produce a new generation of product design engineers who combine engineering expertise with knowledge based computer aided engineering systems to support engineering design
Mechanical engineers are working in the cutting-edge field of nanotechnology, developing high-performance materials and devices the size of molecules. Their remuneration starts at Rs. 2.2 lakh/.p.a.-Rs. 6 lakh/.p.a. and almost doubles with 4 to 5 years of experience!
CORPORATES WHICH RECRUIT SGI MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENTS Larsen & Toubro Ltd. JCB Ltd. Ispat Industries Ltd. Escorts Agri Machinery Ltd. Terex Vectra Ltd. Godrej Ltd. Crompton Greaves Ltd. J.K. Tyres Ltd. Goodyear Tyres Ltd. Havells Ltd. Punj Lloyd Ltd. Lloyd Insulations Ltd. Lohia Starlinger Ltd. Piaggio Ltd. Anand Construction Ltd. Samsung Heavy Ind. Ltd. Indian Army, Navy, Air Force (UES) LG Electronics Ltd. J.K. Cement Ltd.